I've decided to start a blog. This blog.
Why, might you ask?
I moved from a really big and busy city to this tiny island which has way less than the population of my whole school where I used to live. I moved two months ago and I felt sort of lonely, like no one is really noticing me even though no one is here(a few people, of course) . Every where I look, I see the sea. It's like my only friend- apart from my dog Síofra of course.
I feel like if I write this, maybe somebody in the world will read it and know how I feel, or at least some of you guys can be my friends.
That's why I've decided to give blogging a go- so I have someone who can relate to what I say, even if we live on different sides of the world. And I can be myself here, not having to be cool, or stylish, or speak a certain language and I won't lose friends or look stupid. (hopefully!)
That's why I'm going to stay anonymous.
My best friend Craftycat (That's not her real name- If I said her real name this wouldn't be anonymous) lives far away and doesn't really contact me anymore, even though I send her postcards and stuff. So I now call the sea my Best Friend.
But it makes me lonely to think the sea is my only (apart from Síofra) friend.
The picture is of me and Craftycat's shoes a while back
Top 5 Reasons for a Person to be Lonely on an Isolated Island
1. When you look around all you see is rocks and sea
2. There is never any humans around- ever.
3. You walk around and see all the natural beauty and wonder why there is never any humans here which makes number 2 strange
4. You never spend time with humans- just with rocks and cows (no offence cow friends)
5. When you do see a person it's usually an old islander wearing a shawl or something and talking to themself- and you wonder if you'll be stuck on the island, lonely- forever.
I hope you enjoy my blog while I try and become a non-lonely person before I turn out like shawl lady! I will post something Christmasy (that should be a word) soon!
Meain Girl- going back to real life xxx